Many of our core beliefs are connected to the values of love for God, for one another, and for our world. Below is a brief summary (for a more detailed account of what we believe, you may want to look at the Westminster Confession of Faith)
- God is the creator of everyone and everything. He exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God created human beings in his image so that we might worship him, enjoy him, and bring him glory.
- Sin keeps us from knowing, enjoying and worshipping God as we ought. Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for sin and through his resurrection he offers new life in relationship with God through believing in Him.
- Salvation comes as a free gift of God’s grace that must be received by person faith in Jesus as Lord.
- The Bible is God’s word and is without error, giving us a true account of who God is and his love for us. We find in the Bible how we can know, worship, enjoy and bring glory to God.
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
- Jesus is Lord and head of the church, and his church exists to bring him glory and honour throughout the world.
- A local church is a family, and believers are called to use their gifts to serve each other so that together the whole church is encouraged and grows closer to Jesus as Lord.
LOVE THE WORLD
- God created and cares for each person in our world, and therefore the church as the people of God are called to show that love and care to others.
- Every Christian is called to be a witness to the life-changing love of God experienced in knowing Jesus, and that as a community of believers we are to show in words and actions what God’s love looks like.
- God’s church wants His glory to spread to every people-group in the world, and is committed to making the glory of Jesus known in far-away and unreached places.